Facebook launched a whole new product or you can say a new feature which is called Facebook Campus.It is designed only for college students. Facebook Campus was launched on September 10.
The main reason behind launching Facebook Campus is due to the COVID-19. This year many campuses has started to teach students online and some has stopped due to the pandemic, the main reason for launching the Facebook Rooms was also same.
As you know, back in 2004 when Facebook was launched, it was only available to college students. And now again with Facebook Campus feature they are returning to their root.
How Facebook Campus works?
Facebook Campus has different profile than your main profile. And to make Facebook Campus profile you must have your college email which is .edu email otherwise you can’t make campus profile. And along with college email graduation year is also mandatory.
But other options like classes, hometown, majors & minors these are optional which creating the Campus profile.
Features of Facebook Campus :-
- Campus only News Feed – This one is the main feature of Facebook Campus. New news feed designed specially for people with Campus profile. You must have campus profile to access this news feed. Students can get updated from their classmates, join & create groups and plan virtual concerts as will in the campus newsfeed.
- Campus directory – By the help of the campus directory students can easily find their friends. And they can also meet new people with the help of campus directory. They can search their friends according to their class, majors, minors, years and much more.
- Chat system – Another feature of Facebook Campus is the new chat system that they have created only for the students with campus profile. Students can create chat room with this feature and chat there with their friends.
Campus feature has been just released by Facebook. And it is totally new feature by the Facebook for college students due to which it is currently available to limited numbers of colleges in United States.
List of colleges where it is available :-
- Benedict College
- Brown University
- California Institute of Technology
- College of William & Mary
- Duke University
- Florida International University
- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia State University
- Johns Hopkins University
- Lane College
- Lincoln University (Pennsylvania)
- Middlebury College
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
- Northwestern University
- Rice University
- Sarah Lawrence College
- Scripps College
- Smith College
- Spelman College
- Stephen F Austin State University
- Tufts University
- University at Albany – State University of New York
- University of Hartford
- University of Louisville
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- Vassar College; Virginia Tech
- Wellesley College
- Wesleyan University.
HoweverCampus profile is different than that of the actual profile but some function works in Campus profile also from the main profile. Like if a student has blocked someone on main profile then the person will be blocked on campus profile too & vice-versa.
Also Reda: Huawei says HarmonyOS phone next year
This feature has just rolling out due to which currently it is only available to limited numbers of colleges in US. But soon they are planning to extend it to more numbers of colleges and then later on to other countries too.
So what do you think about this new feature, let us know in the comments below.Also Check: